It is an honour to have been elected by the people of North Devon as their Member of Parliament. I live in North Devon and until my election worked as a secondary maths teacher in Bideford.
I come from a family of teachers and am passionate about access to education and ensuring all children receive an excellent one. My father was Head of a large coastal comprehensive and I am mostly state school educated myself with a first from Cambridge.
My Political Priorities
• To get Brexit done! I voted Leave. I back Boris. And I believe in democracy. We should deliver the result of the 2016 referendum as rapidly as possible.
• Fight for fairer funding for local public services, especially education, health and local councils.
• Deliver improved connectivity and infrastructure to North Devon, including faster broadband connections and better transport links with a more integrated local road network.
• Champion our beautiful coast and countryside; incorporate climate impact into decision making whilst working with local communities to deliver much needed affordable housing.
• Work to improve local job opportunities by supporting our farming economy, tourism, manufacturing and retail.
• Ensure North Devon’s voice is heard in Westminster
I ran my own online business for many years and founded and ran Pink Aerobics from 2003-2013, which raised over £500K for breast cancer charities through a series of aerobathons. I am looking forward to the next five years, working with and helping the communities of North Devon.
Selaine Saxby MP